Wednesday, 6 September 2017

125. Individual performance: MORL (the ETRACS series, pt. 1)

A while ago I started the cash-or-trash series, where new opportunities were screened. Now, it is important to find new opportunities, it may even be wiser to check up on any hazardous cargo that is lingering round in the portfolio. In this update  I have pulled the old magnifying glass out of the closet for a closer checkup on an old friend.

ETRACS Monthly Pay 2xLeveraged Mortgage REIT ETN, a mouth full. MORL is one of the shares that pays out a monthly dividend. Actually, every quarter of the year a large sum, and the other 8 months I’m happy to receive a 3 cents per share. For now, some facts in a row!

Currently, my portfolio holds approx 3100.- USD worth of MORL. I gradually increased my position in this company when I got to realize that the rainbow-coloured-yield as initially promised seems fairly true. The company entered my portfolio in January 2014. Today, I grip my 174 shares tightly and will not let go.


Before this date I dealt through another broker program, so actually: recordkeeping as is started in January 2014.


Back to MORL, the cumulative dividends as received since then (hold on to your seats) just shy of 2,100. - USD. Looking at the share price chart since january 2014: ever since, investors have seen an amplitude of approx 6. - USD per share. And today it more or less has arrived back in the same position as in January 2014.


The good news for me is: I’ve (significantly) added new shares in this “low tide” period between 2015 and 2016. Successes have to be celebrated.


Recent relevant news updates from well known investor information sources:




Being one of my favourite ETRACS ETN  today, the verdict may be obvious: this one will stay around for quite a while longer.


If you have a minute, don’t hesitate to fill me in on your thoughts / opinions. Some good (and free) advice is always welcome. If you feel like connecting and sharing: please hit the Google+ follow button or find/follow me on twitter!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment